Did you know that December is the peak time of year for home fires started by candles? Each year an average of 7,900 home candle fires are reported!
Candles smell great and give you a nice cozy feeling, especially in the cold winter months, but it is important you pay attention to a few things.
Never leave your home while a candle is burning. Before walking away, make sure that the flame has completely burned out.
Never place a lit candle underneath a low shelf or cabinet. make sure the candle is placed somewhere free and clear of anything that is potentially flammable.
Never leave a child alone in a room with a lit candle and make sure that the candle is up high enough so a child cannot reach it and knock it over.
SERVPRO of Northwest Genesee County is wishing you and your family a very safe and Merry Christmas this year.